neljapäev, november 29, 2007

Uku in Norwich

Hi! It's me on the Megabus again. This time riding from Norwich to Manchester. Unfortunately via London... a long ride. Perhaps we should have taken the train :p. Anyway at least I have time to blog.


Norwich is a nice small town about which Mikk already has written a lot. I won't be repeating his work... I just say that it is a bit like Konstanz... if you remove the mountains, Swiss influences and the lake and add red-brick buildings, rabbits and loads of shops. A smallish city which where everything seems to be about the university. For example the university hosts the best gigs in town. We managed to catch Calvin Harris there. Which was terrific.

The university seems to be much more organized than the huge labyrinth in Konstanz. Unfortunately there is no psychology department. But besides great study and sports facilities and not so great eating facilities the university also houses its very own art gallery. Visiting recommended! Should you happen to visit this city do not walk past that!

It appeared that my brother is living in a red-brick terrace house (surprise-surprise) with three other people. They seemed to be nice people... although I didn't really see them much. (At least one of them agreed to let his bike for one day. Big thanks, Ben!). Mikk's room is small but cozy. I slept on the floor on sofa-pillows which turned out to be the best I had ever slept on.

In sum I had wonderful time in Norwich. More important than any bar or shop was the chance to spend quality time with my brother. Experience like no other!


I will end now and prepare my mind for the oncoming rave already today night! Meantime you can check out the pictures and watch Mikk enjoing quality Estonian bread and liqueur.




Photos from Norwich

Take care!

Kommentaare ei ole: